Many different organisations and industries structure their work into projects. The function and role of Project Administrator is a critical one to the success of each project and, in turn, to the success of the business itself.
This course is specifically designed for those who work in a project support role or who need to introduce a project approach to their work.
Course content is based on best practices in the project management profession and references the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body-Of-Knowledge (PMBOK), the de facto standard for contemporary project managers throughout the world.
- Distinguish between project and non-project work.
- Perform essential Microsoft Project tasks eg. update progress, extract reports.
- Understand the significance of a project's critical path.
- Identify project stakeholders and their roles and needs.
- Define project administrator duties and prepare a job description.
- Interpret information from project management tools eg. Gantt chart, WBS.
- Create reports using templates eg. time sheets, status reports, risks & issues.
- Manage/Administer project communications, meeting administration, record keeping, documentation control, finances, contracts, procurement, billing, payments and assets.
- Co-ordinate project changes and administer project quality control
The course comprises instructor-led training, supplemented by readings, exercises and practical group work.
Numerous ready-to-use templates, both hard- and soft copy help to transfer the new competencies to the workplace.
There are no formal assessments for this course. However, to earn a certificate of attendance, delegates will be required to attend all three course days and actively participate in exercises and discussion workshops
- Projects and the project landscape,
- Project management and project life cycles,
- Project stakeholders and the project team,
- Project admin duties
- PM tools,
- MS project introduction and demonstration,
- Project finances and reporting,
- Project contracts and control,
- Document management
- Personal effectiveness and Team skills,
- Project communications,
- Experiential construction game,
- Applying the learning
We do not exclude any delegate who is strongly motivated to do the course. We do however recommend, that in order to get the most value from the course, delegates should have at least 2 years general working experience
FTI is a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute.
Faculty Training Institute holds the following institutional accreditations
- Provisionally accredited as an Education and Training Provider with the MICT Seta (ACC/2010/00/601)
- An Institute of Sectoral and Occupational Excellence (ISOE) in Business Analysis with the MICT Seta
- The first Education Provider to be endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) in South Africa and is the only Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™) to hold Charter status
- A Registered Education Provider (REP 2841) with the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
- Member of the Information Technology Association of South Africa