This (IIBA®) endorsed qualification is aimed primarily at aspiring Business Analysts. It is aligned to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) and covers the critical skills, techniques and competencies needed by professional Business Analysts.
Who should attend? The qualification is aimed primarily at new or intermediate business analysts whose responsibilities are to produce specifications that are relatively limited in scope. The programme will also benefit you if you are interested in becoming a Business Analysis practitioner. It does not require you to be working as a Business Analyst to gain entry.
Systems and Test Analysts, Process and Technical specialists, IT consultants, Analyst Programmers and Project Managers will all benefit from this part time programme.
You will need:
- At least two year’s work experience, with your most recent experience being in a role that requires business knowledge, communication and problem-solving skills.
- At least one year’s experience working with business applications and systems, not just as users, but as problem solvers, super users, developers or analysts.
- Strong computer and Internet literacy skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Access to the internet to complete course work.
Delivery and Assessment
We use a blend of face-to-face, facilitator-led training, group
discussions, practical activities, on-line quizzes and practice tests, self-reading and self-study to embed skills.
You will need to:
- Attend full-day or half-day (evening) lectures for five months for weekend programmes and eight months for evening programmes, totalling 112 hours
- Complete and pass two formal written three hour multiple-choice class tests.
- Demonstrate a theoretical and practical understanding of programme content (the programme is 60% theory and 40% application).
- Participate in and contribute to group discussions, practical work and activities.
- Do individual self-study activities like homework, reading, on-line quizzes and practice and prepare for tests.
- Obtain a final overall course mark of 50% or a symbol of C- or more.
By the end of the programme, you will have developed a solid understanding of the role of the modern business analyst, as well as knowledge and skills in:
- The competencies, tools and techniques covered in the BABOK® including Enterprise Analysis, Requirements Planning and Communication, Requirements Elicitation, Analysis and Specification.
- Eliciting and documenting functional, informational and non-functional requirements.
- Requirements modelling and modelling processes, data, reports and interfaces.
You will also:
- Be able to cope in different organisations using change-driven and plan-driven project approaches.
- Be equipped for and trusted to contribute to the BA deliverables of an organisation.
27 July 2020
27 July 2020
27 July 2020
27 August 2020
20 August 2020
17 September 2020