This comprehensive FTI qualification covers the fundamental skills, techniques and competencies needed by professional business analysts.
It can be used as a pathway to the SAQA accredited, NQF level 6 National Certificate.
Who should attend? This programme is aimed primarily at new and intermediate business analysts but is also suitable for non-business analysts who want to gain knowledge and skills in business analysis techniques. Systems and Test Analysts, Project Managers and IT Consultants will all benefit from this programme.
You will need:
- At least 2 years work experience, with recent experience in a role that requires business knowledge and communication and problem solving skills
- At least one year’s experience working with business applications and systems, not just as users, but in a role where you are problem solvers, super-users, developers or analysts
- Strong computer and Internet literacy skills
- To be a good communicator and have analytical skills
Delivery and Assessment
We use a blend of face-to-face facilitator-led training and practical activities, reading and group assignments, to embed skills.
You will need to:
- Attend full and half-day (or evening) lectures and seminar sessions
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical understanding of programme content
- Participate in and contribute to group discussions and activities
- Complete and pass two progress tests, a class participation assessment, homework and self-assessments
- Obtain a final overall course mark of 50%
To receive the three SAQA credits 259257, 259277, 259279 (50 credits at level 6) towards the National certificate in Business Analysis, you will need to:
- Compile, submit and be found competent on a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE)
Once you have the FTI CPBA, if you wish to receive three credits towards the National Certificate: Business Analysis, you will need to independently and in your own time (this is not included in the FTI certification).
To apply for the Applied Programme in Business Analysis (APBA) you will need to:
- Gain work experience as a business analyst
By the end of the programme, you will have developed a solid understanding of the role of the modern business analyst as well as knowledge and skills in:
- The competencies, tools and techniques covered in the BABOK®, including Enterprise Analysis, Requirements Planning and Communication, Requirements Elicitation, Analysis and Specification
- Eliciting and documenting functional, informational and non-functional requirements
- Producing common business analysis artefacts including business cases, user requirements documents and functional specifications
- Requirements modelling and modelling processes, data, reports and interfaces
- Effective problem-solving
29 June 2018
26 July 2018
26 July 2018
6 August 2018
6 September 2018
29 September 2018