This three day short course will introduce you to the fundamental principles and techniques of Project Management. In the modern workplace of today, not only Project Managers need project management skills. This engaging and interactive workshop is designed to cut through the jargon and give you simple and effective tools to plan, control and organise different types of business projects.
Who should attend? This introductory workshop is relevant to individuals and managers in any area of an organisation who need to be more effective in delivering changes, meeting deadlines and managing groups using a project management approach. It is also suitable for Line Managers, Marketing and sales teams and Team leaders, across industries.
There are no specific or strict entry requirements, but we recommend that you are able to apply and practise the skills learnt on the course to your own job to derive the most value.
Delivery and Assessment
We use a blend of face-to-face, facilitator-led training sessions as well as group discussions, practical exercises and feedback sessions, to embed knowledge and skills.
To earn an FTI Certificate of Attendance you will need to:
- Attend all three full days
- Participate in and contribute to group discussions and activities
- Practice a range of project management techniques and simulations to be able to apply them in the workplace
- Do some individual reading and self-study
By the end of this short course, you will have a good understanding of the main project management tools and techniques, and you will be able to:
- Understand the role of different stakeholders in a project and how they view project success
- Define a project and set measurable and clear objectives.
- Break project into manageable components through estimating and scheduling tasks
- Determine and allocate resources for a project
- Understand and plan for uncertainty
- Manage, monitor and make adjustments to a project
- Compile and present a project to your group and give and receive feedback related to it
- Recognise the importance of, and develop key interpersonal and core skills such as problem-solving, communicating, building relationships and managing change
2 July 2018
3 September 2018
3 September 2018
5 November 2018
14 November 2018